East Gippsland Water is able to provide a range of FREE educational presentations and tours for schools and community groups which can be tailor-made to meet specific requirements.
Click on the link below to submit a booking form.
Educational Tours Booking Form
Incursion Booking Form
There are opportunities to visit East Gippsland Water facilities located around the region including water and wastewater treatment plants, as well as water storage’s, and to find out more about a major multi-million-dollar program of initiatives underway to ensure long-term water security.
Talks & Presentations
Learn more about the Corporation’s water and wastewater operations including its collection, treatment and supply of drinking water to customers and the use of recycled water to benefit local communities, businesses and the environment. Incursions can be developed to suit the individual needs of the school or community group. The days or shorter sessions are developed in conjunction with teachers or leaders and are tailored to meet the requirements of the curriculum or other educational documents. If there is a particular activity, session, or theme you would like further explored please contact East Gippsland Water’s Community Engagement team.
Topics that can be covered include:
- tips to use water efficiently;
- the water cycle;
- ensuring the long-term security of drinking water supplies;
- water quality;
- water treatment;
- wastewater treatment and water recycling;
- environmental sustainability.
Some of the activities we undertake include;
- Whizzy’s Incredible Journeys – Big Book
- Polluting the Mitchell River – interactive story looking at catchments and pollution
- EGWater Challenge – competitive games looking at the different aspects of water and wastewater
- Building water filters
- Catchment to Tap rely race
- Water Treatment in a box – an interactive story looking at how drinking water can be impacted by pollution and how water treatment is undertaken
- Is this item Water Efficient or not? interactive activity