All East Gippsland Water customers receive a bill four times a year and all charges (tariffs) are approved by the Essential Services Commission (the water industry regulator).
Customers have 28 days from the date of issue to settle their account.
We understand that life can take unexpected turns, times of illness, loss of income, family violence issues or new arrivals in the family. Did you know we can help you pay your water bill?
Assistance is available to those customers experiencing difficulties making payments, with consideration given to personal circumstances. Alternative payment arrangements, including flexible payments, can be arranged on a case-by-case basis in conjunction with free, independent financial counselling.
Concessions are also available to the following customers:
- those who own and occupy a residential property, or who are a residential tenant, and hold a Pensioner Concession Card, Gold Card (War Widow or TPI), or Centrelink Healthcare Card;
- those using certain life support machines including intermittent peritoneal kidney dialysis and haemodialysis kidney machines.
For more information click here.
If you wish to pay by Centrelink’s Centrepay service, please call us or follow this link.
East Gippsland Water can provide information regarding concessions, our assistance program including our pay and save plan and the Utility Relief Grant Scheme. Please call us on 1800 671 841 or complete the below form and we will call you.
Utility Relief Grant Scheme
This scheme provides assistance for domestic customers who are unable to pay their water bill due to a temporary financial crisis.
To be eligible, applicants must hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Centrelink Health Care Card, or be on an equivalent low income and satisfy one of the following criteria:
- a significant increase in consumption;
- a recent decrease in income – perhaps as a result of recent unemployment or a reduction in Department of Social Security assistance;
- unexpected and high expenses for essential items.
For more information and an application form please click below.
How these forms work
The online forms can be completed anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The information will be sent to East Gippsland Water. A Customer Service representative will call you during business hours to verify your personal information, discuss our financial assistance program and how we can help you. Please be available on the phone number that you have provided.
If you are applying for financial assistance, and to register for a concession, please complete both forms.