East Gippsland Water Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants
The Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants Program has been developed as part of East Gippsland Water’s 2018-2023 Pricing Submission (2018-2023 business plan).
During the extensive community engagement undertaken for the pricing submission, customers told us they wanted East Gippsland Water to be more environmentally focused and to do more for our local environment. As a result we have developed the grants program.
This program is also supported through the Victorian Government’s Water for Victoria strategy, Resilient and Liveable Cities and Towns, which focuses on Victoria being a vibrant place to live, work and visit – with cities and towns that support thriving communities and attract business and industry. Water is seen as an important resource for our health and wellbeing, keeping our trees, sporting fields and parks green and supporting business and industry that rely on a secure water supply.
The program will run each year of the Price Submission, with applications open to educational and community groups across the East Gippsland region.
Grants can be for any Native Vegetation or Habitat Creation program which meets the application criteria.
By being able to complete such projects we are aiming to improve the liveability and resilience across our region.
Projects to receive funding in Round 1
- Anglican Earthcare Gippsland – The Abbey Raymond Island Revegetation Project – Completed
- Gippsland Lakes Community Health – Edible Native Vegetable Garden at the Coates Road, Lakes Entrance Kindergarten – Completed
- St Brendan’s Primary School, Lakes Entrance – Indigenous Edible Garden – Completed
- Paynesville Cemetery Trust – Development of Native Vegetation and Bird Habitat
- Nagle College, Bairnsdale – Nagle College Rainforest Project
- Swifts Creek Ensay Landcare Group – Rejuvenate the Poet’s Walk Swifts Creek
- Swifts Creek P-12 School – Teaching about the Tambo
- Toorloo Arm Primary School – Centenary Garden – Completed
- Hope Restart Centre, Bairnsdale – The Hope Revegetation Project
Projects to receive funding in Round 2
- Buchan Primary School – Bring Back the Birds (to receive three years funding, including some $8,000 this financial year)
Projects to receive funding in Round 3
- East Gippsland Landcare Network – Landcare Groups Revegatating East Gippsland
- Orbost Secondary College – Pathways to Learning
- Paynesville Landcare Coastcare Group – Sunset Drive Groundsel Control and Remediation
- Swan Reach Primary School – Swanny Secret Wellbeing Garden
* Applications now invited for Round 4 of funding*
Applications are now being invited for Round 4 of our grants program and these need to be submitted by 4pm on Friday 21st February.
For an application pack (which includes application criteria, an application form, eligibility, terms and conditions) please click on the link below.