Complaints are an important way for EGW to be accountable for our procurement activities, as well as providing valuable prompts to review organisational performance and the conduct of people that work within the organisation.
It is important that we have a process for receiving and actioning all complaints relating to any procurement activity. To this end the following process has been established to allow for any external stakeholders to lodge a complaint in regards to a procurement activity.
Any complaint about a Quote/Tender or a Quote/Tender Process must be submitted in writing to the Procurement Specialist via email to email@example.com immediately upon the cause of the complaint arising or becoming known to the complainant. The written complaint must set out:
- The basis for the complaint (specifying the issues involved);
- How the subject of the complaint (and the specific issues) affects the person or organisation making the complaint;
- Any relevant background information; and
- The outcome desired by the person or organisation making the complaint.
When a complaint is received it will be acknowledged as soon as possible and given a complaints number (issued by the Procurement Specialist).
EGW’s commitment to a complainant is that once we receive a written complaint we will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint
- Advise of the expected time frame for resolution
- Investigate the validity of the complaint
- Notify the complainant of the outcome of our investigation
- Offer a solution if applicable
- Confirm with the complainant whether they consider the complaint to be resolved.