Owned and operated by East Gippsland Water, the mobile drinking water trailer and portable refill stations are available to provide drinking water at community events.
The trailer and portable refill stations must connect to the East Gippsland Water mains supply and at least two weeks notice must be given prior to the event to allow time for East Gippsland Water to assess and book your application.
Is the water trailer or refill stations suitable for your event?
Potentially suitable events include:
• Community festivals
• Sporting events such as school sports, sporting finals, triathlons and fun runs
• Exhibitions, fairs and shows
• Beach events including surf life saving carnivals
• Days of national/state significance such as Australia Day celebrations, Anzac March, Carols by Candlelight.
The water trailer is 3.7 metres long, 3.9 metres tall with external signage erected and 2.5 metres wide.
Key features include:
• Two stainless steel troughs – one on each side of the trailer
• 8 drinking taps
• 8 tap outlets for filling drinking bottles
• High signage for easy identification
• Connects to mains pressure
• Self-contained lighting for use at night
Our portable refill stations are compact and come with multiple tap connecters and hoses to connect to any mains tap.
East Gippsland Water will consider making the water trailer available free of charge to large community and/or non-profit making events.
For other events the water trailer may be available for hire at a cost of $500.
East Gippsland Water will contact you to confirm this booking and advise if fees apply. Fees are payable in advance.
A $100 security deposit, over and above any fees, is payable in advance and will be refunded after the event subject to conditions stipulated in the ‘Terms and Conditions of Use’. This deposit may be forfeited if a booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Click the link below to view the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Mobile Drinking Water Trailer and Portable Refill Stations. These conditions are outlined in the PDF form and will need to be acknowledged as read as part of the online form.
Click below to download a template for the map of the location of the trailer.
For more information or assistance please call in at East Gippsland Water’s Bairnsdale office, 133 Macleod Street, during business hours, or phone 1800 671 841.
To book the trailer, complete the booking request form below or download the .pdf form and return it to East Gippsland Water via
- email – email@example.com,
- in person – 133 Macleod Street Bairnsdale
Drinking Water Trailer booking
PO Box 52 Bairnsdale
Download Application Form
Click Here to Download the Application Form